In 2004, the Science Fiction Museum Seattle moved into the same building with Experience Music Project. It also houses the Science Fiction Hall of Fame. One entrance fee gets you into both EMP and the SFM.
Star Wars Fan?
If you are a Trekkie, a Star Wars junkie, or a fan of science fiction you'll like this museum. My daughter is not a sci-fi fan - she's seen the Star Wars movies and that's about it. When she and I visited, she took a cursory sweep through the place and was ready to go in less than two minutes!
I am not a hard core science fiction fan, but I loved Star Wars and grew up watching Lost in Space, The Twilight Zone, and Star Trek. I love all the Star Trek movies, too. Some of the items I enjoyed seeing...
- Captain Kirk's command chair from the U.S.S. Enterprise used in the television series
- the B9 robot used in the television series Lost in Space
- uniform shirts worn by Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock
- the creepy metal Terminator guy
- the Death Star model used in Star Wars
The Science Fiction Museum Seattle also has a huge collection of weapons, helmets, books, comic books, paintings, etc, from science fiction movies and shows ranging from Planet of the Apes and My Favorite Martian to Dune, Star Wars, and Blade Runner.
The sci-fi museum also hosts temporary exhibitions throughout the year. They usually feature artwork, costumes, props, and some very cool interactive displays. Some past exhibits included
- Battlestar Galactica
- Alien Encounters
- Jim Henson's Fantastic World
- Can't Look Away: The Lure Of the Horror Film